Assistive technology is technology that provides Deaf or hard of hearing individuals with improved accessibility in various environments. Assistive technologies include alerting devices, telecommunications devices, and assistive listening devices. As with any technology, assistive technology prices will vary and it is important to compare prices. Most devices can be found through a search engine online (i.e. Google) and some devices can only be purchased through mail-order companies. Other devices may be easily found at local chain stores.
To learn more about specific devices, please visit:
Maryland Governor’s Office of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Resources
Virtual Directory NEW!
Policies & Resource Guides
- Maryland Relay Services
- Application for Free Equipment and Services
- Telecommunications Access Staff Directory
- Assistive Technology for Seniors
- Assistive Technology for People with Limited Mobility/Dexterity
- Assistive Technology for Children
- Assistive Technology for Infants, Toddlers, and Young Children
- Assistive Technology and Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Assistive Technology for Transition from School to Work/Higher Education
- Assistive Technology Funding Guide
- Assistive Technology for the Workplace