CART, or Communication Access Realtime Translation, is a speech-to-text captioning service that provides live captions for Deaf and hard of hearing attendees at events, meetings, presentations, conferences, and more. Typically, the live captions are displayed on a screen while the presentation is shown on another, separate screen. Consequently, Deaf and hard of hearing individuals are required Read the Rest…
Posts Tagged ‘hearing’
During the legislative session, the Maryland Governor’s Office of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing is responsible for monitoring various bills that are introduced in the state legislature and may be of interest to Deaf and hard of hearing Marylanders. The office also ensures that the community remains informed of updates on hearings and votes Read the Rest…
- Friendly and Courteous: We will be helpful and supportive and have a positive attitude and passion for what we do.
- Timely and Responsive: We will be proactive, take initiative, and anticipate your needs.
- Accurate and Consistent: We will always aim for 100% accuracy, and be consistent in how we interpret and implement state policies and procedures.
- Accessible and Convenient: We will continue to simplify and improve access to information and resources.
- Truthful and Transparent: We will advance a culture of honesty, clarity and trust.
Tell us about your experience with the Office of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing. Click here to complete a three question customer experience survey.