It is sometimes necessary for students who are Deaf or hard of hearing to take advantage of accommodations so that they can fully access their education. Some of these accommodations may include: Preferential Classroom Seating Note-takers Assistive Listening Devices Interpreters Captions Speech Therapy Instruction using sign language For information on early intervention, please refer to: Infants, Children, Read the Rest…
Posts Tagged ‘section 504’
The State of Maryland pledges to provide constituents, businesses, customers, and stakeholders with services in the following manner:
- Friendly and Courteous: We will be helpful and supportive and have a positive attitude and passion for what we do.
- Timely and Responsive: We will be proactive, take initiative, and anticipate your needs.
- Accurate and Consistent: We will always aim for 100% accuracy, and be consistent in how we interpret and implement state policies and procedures.
- Accessible and Convenient: We will continue to simplify and improve access to information and resources.
- Truthful and Transparent: We will advance a culture of honesty, clarity and trust.
Tell us about your experience with the Office of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing. Click here to complete a three question customer experience survey.